Welcome to Going Green in Saratoga: Living sustainably one day at a time!  My purpose with this blog is to share my efforts to live a more sustainable daily life - converting my yard to garden, biking more, buying local - while at the same time create a community forum to share ideas and resources on what others are doing to "relocalize" and lessen our impact on this earth. Please share your ideas and stories of inspiration on how you or someone you know is "going green".

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bicyclists - see you on the streets tomorrow

Lots of bicyclists have hit the road this week to take part in Bike to Work week. I was in Albany earlier this week and was pleasantly surprised even there to see so many obvious bicycle commuters. So, I am ready to hop on my bike tomorrow for the Annual Bike to Work/School Day.

Just a reminder that the folks from the Saratoga Healthy Transportation Network (SHTN) will be in front of the Saratoga Arts Center tomorrow (Friday) morning from 7-9am providing goodies for those who stop by on foot or bicycle as part of Bike to Work/School day.

Come celebrate/support SHTN later in the day at their "Friend-raiser" event at the Olde Saratoga Brewery, from 4-7pm. For $25 you get a membership to SHTN, food, live music, and enjoy the Bike to Work/School awards ceremony at 5:30 (for an extra $5 you can bring along a friend).

I'll save my 'the day I crashed on my bike the one time I was riding w/o a helmet and ended up in emergency care' story for another time (except to say I was lucky to walk away with only a scrape on my head, and achy body for a few days.) But hopefully that will be enough to encourage you to remember to wear a helmet and ride safe. See you on the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment